FOR ANSWERS SCROLL BELOW
1. Which of these is not one of Santa’s reindeer?
2. What helps a tiger navigate in the dark?
a) their fur
b) their whiskers
c) their claws
d) their tail
3. It is said that the wise men brought gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. What is myrrh?
a) a precious blue gemstone
b) fish eggs like caviar
c) a tree resin used to make perfume
4. Which of the following elements were the only 2 that existed soon after the universe formed?
a) Hydrogen and Helium
b) Hydrogen and Oxygen
c) Carbon and Hydrogen
5. Well behaved German children awake to find presents in a shoe? True or False?
6. How many stars are in our solar system?
7. What is the traditional extra and apparently lucky ingredient that is sometimes hidden inside a Christmas pudding?
a) a child’s tooth
b) a banana chip
c) a coin
9. What colour are the hottest stars?
10. Fill in the gap. Dashing through the snow on a one-horse open sleigh, over the fields we go ………… all the way.
11. One of the most expensive coffees is the one eaten by a cat. Which cat is it?
a) civet cat
c) wild cat
12. Every year a Christmas tree is put up in Trafalgar square. Which country is the tree a gift from.
c) South Africa
13. Approximately how many facial expressions can a human being make?
14. According to the author and illustrator Doctor Seuss who stole Christmas?
a) the grinch
b) the big bad elf
c) the cat in the hat
15. which of these statements about robins is true?
a) only male robins have red feathers
b) postmen in Britain used to be called `robins’ because they wore red waistcoats
c) robins do not like warm weather and hibernate during summer
1. c) bouncer
2. b) Whiskers
3. c) a tree resin used to make perfume
4, a) Hydrogen and Helium
7. c) a coin
8. a) ears
9. c) blue
11.a) civet cat
14.a) the grinch
15.a) only male robins have red feathers